Wednesday, September 11, 2013

NYFW: Behind the Scenes of My Crazy World

Sorry for leaving you with a cliff hanger in my last post dolls! Have you been wondering who the latest lucky lady to meet our Misters is? Well, I had the exclusive invite to kick off fashion week right at the GBK and FGI Opening Party hosted by the one-and-only, legendary stylist behind Sex and the City: Patricia Field. She is everything you would imagine, sassy, classy, and dressed to kill.  Closets all over the world are inspired by the women of this show. I've always considered myself more of a Samantha - except I have similar taste in men as Carrie, with a Mr. Big of my own. A handbag designed by my favorite d'andrea girl, that will never leave you on your wedding day, dressed in a Vivienne Westwood! ;)
The next couple of days of New York Fashion Week were unreal. And even though we were toughing it out in our 4 inch heels enduring 12 hour days, I still can say that it went by way too fast! We spent Friday, and Saturday at the Empire Hotel where we had the pleasure of meeting some well known people in this industry! Jay Manuel and Miss J of “America’s Next Top Model” gave our designer Nicole their stamp of approval on her handbags. Celebrity Stylist June Ambrose and her fabulous daughter showed up, showing us all a thing or two about working the camera! Ice-T and Coco Austin showed up, and let me tell you us girls have never been so star struck! Coco even landed herself a silver studded Mr. Never Again. I'd love to see how Ice is going to match his outfit to this one...I was excited to meet the hilarious “Big Ang", her daughter Raquel, and Carla Facciolo of VH1’s “Mob Wives." Adrienne Bailon stunned all of our Misters when she walked in the room, she is flawless!  Some more Sex and the City ladies, Katie Findlay and Chloe Bridges of The “Carries Diaries” had a few laughs about carrying the same handbag! Then, Siggly Flicker and Nicole really hit it off! They have a very similar sense of style - peplums anyone? And to namedrop a few more girls on the list, Po Johnson from “La La’s Full Court Life” and Annaleigh Ashford of Broadway’s “Kinky Boots” left the lounge, and went home with Mr. Right-Now! Scroll down to see the rest of the guests on the list! What can I say... A girl's gotta have bragging rights to her FIRST fashion week!
Celeb Stylist - June Ambrose

Ice T and Coco
 
"America's Next Top Model" - Jay Manuel

"America's Next Top Model" - Miss J Alexander
"How Do I Look" - Jeannie Mai
"Miami Monkey" - Big Ang and Raquel
"Mob Wives" - Carla Facciolo
Adrienne Bailon
"Orange is the New Black" - Alysia Reiner

"Carrie Diaries" - Katie Findlay
"Project Runway" - Siggy Flicker

"Hostages" - Toni Trucks

"LaLa's Full Court Life"- Po Johnson

"Kinky Boots" - Annaleigh Ashford

Showtime's "Shameless" - Emma Kenney
On our downtime, Nicole and I had the chance to run around the city and play a bit! You know we had to check out what Bergdoff's, Barney's New York and Henri Bendel were carrying. Oh, and we just couldn't leave empty handed from the New York Zara. I'm totally loving their hippie headbands, I picked up a few. Everything is bigger and better in NYC, and speaking of bigger and better, we experienced the Dream Dry blowout bar! My stylist gave my hair more volume than I knew even existed. We carried our diva moments into the night, while having drinks either by the bar, or rooftop with one of our new favorite girls, blogger SocietyGrl. 


It's good to be home and back in the office where I belong with all of my Misters! After this event, this PR girl has a lot of work ahead of her. But it won't be long until we hit the road again...I wonder what city these boys will take over next, and the surprises to come! xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment